Common misconception that it's more expensive to eat vegan
There is a common misconception that it's more expensive to eat vegan. Not true, not true! Think about how costly meat purchases can be and hopefully you will soon realize that this balances out the cost of your food close to what you're used to payingbecause you're not buying meat anymore.
If you're new to the vegan diet, here are some tips for keeping food costs down.
- Shop for fruits and vegetables at your local farmers market because prices tend to be lower there than atgrocery stores. Plus your purchase is supporting the local community and you know exactly where your food is coming from.
- The bulk section of the grocery store is your friend! Bulk food bins allow for you to purchase smallquantities of an item and oftenat a reasonable price. This is because bulk foods tends to cost less than packaged foods. So if a recipe calls for a little bit of a seemingly exotic ingredient or it's something that you're unfamiliar with thatmight not taste good to you, try to buy it in bulk.
- Nuts tend to be expensive but are crucial for the vegan diet. I've found that here in the U.S., Trader Joe's tends to offer nuts at the cheapest price.
- Frozen veganentresare a great meal option for when you're short on time or don't feel like cooking. I'm a fan of Amy's Kitchen brand and from my experience, Target sells Amy's meals forthe lowest price.
- Review grocery store circular ads and shop the sales. Why pay more when you don't have to!
- Sign up for any member rewards discount programs. Nowadays manystoresextenddiscounts to loyalcustomers.
- Opt-in to emails from your favorite manufacturers. You're likely to get coupons from them occasionally.
The suggestions above a just some of the ways you can save money on your vegan food purchases. Veteran vegan readers, what are some ways that you save money on buying vegan food? Leave a comment to let everyone know!
I want to give appropriate credit with regard to this article partly to http://www.torontoweddingphotographerpink.com. I actually got the idea for this from I little piece I read up on from there site.
http://danielamaltauro.com - Your photos were wonderful.
http://titantransline.com - Call these guys all the time.
http://www.appraisemuskoka.com - Thanks for the critique 🙂 I am just the worst speller 🙂
https://www.annuityeducator.com - You always help me break it down and make the product the best it can be 🙂
Posted in Shopping Post Date 11/08/2015